If you are looking for the best toilet seat for heavy people, then the big John 1W open front seat should be the think you should be looking for. It can support a weight of upto 1200lbs, made of durable strong plastic, has rubber bumpers to ensure no wiggling and its open front seat design allow easy back to front wiping. You shall never regret or get embarrassed for breaking another toilet seat after getting this big john design.
My cousin recently visited me and was to stay over for a few weeks. He was in the quest to look for a job and had been dropping his application letters in one company after the other. So fortunately, most of the companies invited him for interviews. It was purely coincidental that he had to attend all of them in three weeks. So he came over to my house as he attended the interviews rather than travel all the way from up-country to town every time he had an interview to appear at. To cut the long story short, he broke my toilet seat. Not that he wanted to but it just happened because he is a rather heavy person.
Who am I kidding, he is obese. And I should have noticed that he would have trouble with my toilet seat the very moment he set into the home. He weighs over 400lbs while my toilet seat is standard and can only support weight limits of upto 220lbs. So I do not blame him. But come on, never had I seen it coming!
It was really awkward. After his visiting the toilet the first time, the next thing I noticed is that it was wiggling; a thing that had never happened. And then, it happened. The second time he went in, he came out embarrassed. And then he hit me with the news, “Man, I broke your toilet seat” I thought it was a joke until I went in and found out that he was not fibbing. It was lying there; broken, tortured and unusable.
The Big John 3 open front toilet seat for heavy person
So we went on a quest to get a toilet seat for heavy people. And fortunately, we came across the big john 3 open front toilet seat. You see I had to buy it because I had promised him that were he to get a job in town, he would be staying in my house from then on.
Features of the Big John 3 Open front toilet seat
- It is 2″ extra raised which is a good thing for obese people or those with their hip or knee replaced. People with back pains would also be insisting on a toilet seat raiser.
- Very strong and durable material
- It has 19″ topping which is 5″ extra to your standard toilet seat. Any extra plump person will find this to be very good so that they seat without spilling over.
- The front seat design allows one to wipe easily back to front with a lot of ease.
What we loved about the Big John 3 Toilet seat
- Ergonomic design that allows one to use it without any back pain or strain
- It will not wiggle or produce any alarming noises
- Has a weight limit of upto 1200lbs so my cousin was sorted
- The open front design allowed us to wipe back to front while still seated.
What could do with some improvement
Although we really loved buying this toilet seat for heavy person, we found out that the following could do with some improvement
- Compared to other toilets, this was a tad too expensive and low income earners might not be comfortable parting with the amount you are required to pay for it.
- It takes a lot of time to install. Plus you would need screws and a whole set of tool kits which do not come with the shipment.